This year our garden project is expanding from it’s humble beginnings to produce more to meet our goals. We’re happy to be creating a new garden at Cross of Life Ministry Centre, as well as expanding our original garden at Sids' Pond to strengthen our ties to our community.
Our goals for the Many Feathers Garden are:
1. Run drop-in gardening sessions and workshops for the community
2. Donate 20% of each harvest to a local community organization
3. Sell produce at our farmers’ market as a vendor
4. Save and collect seeds for next season
5. Host harvest dinners for all of our volunteers
6. Give some of our produce to our volunteers as a thank you
We’re excited to take on the expansion of this project, and to make sure we are well staffed we have hired a Garden Coordinator, Maleeha, and are actively hiring for a garden supervisor. If you’d like to apply for the position click here.
To start off our season on a chilly April morning we planted seeds at the Cross of Life Ministry Centre. With the help of Sam, Maleeha, Jessica, and Shamus the seedlings are currently safely growing until they are ready for planting!
We have planted a plethora of produce: peas, corn, mini pumpkin, carrots, zucchini, a variety of flowers, beets, beans, and more!
Many Feathers would also like to thank Cross of Life, and Sids' Pond for allowing us to work on their land. Here's to a bountiful season!